Hey there fellow gamepreneurs! Ready to make a splash in the Fe/male Switch startup game, the one and only startup game for women launching this summer?Buckle up, because I'm here to give you the deets on one of the most rewarding roles in the game - the Mentor!
Do you have an urge to become an entrepreneur? (You might want to analyse your entrepreneurial potential here). That's a great start! For everything else, there's Elona, the AI startup co-founder for you! As your AI co-founder, Elona delivers a powerful combination of expertise, support, and motivation to help you conquer the world of startups.
Intro to the Mentor RoleAh, the Mentor role, where should I begin? In the startup game, a mentor is your ultimate go-to guide, your guru, your startup-whisperer – alright, I might have gotten carried away there. But honestly, the mentor in Fe/male Switch (FMS) is an invaluable asset for any founder who's diving into the treacherous world of startups.
So, who is the Mentor really? Picture this: they're a charming combo of (experienced) entrepreneur, empathetic coach, and big sis/bro who's got your back, no matter what.
PS. There's no need to have any real life mentoring experience. You will learn everything in the game.
Mentors in the game are like the fairy godmothers of the startup world. ✨ They wear many hats! 🎩 They're part guide, part teacher, and part friend to us startup founders. Their main goal is to make our dreams come true, and let me tell you, they're worth their weight in gold! 💰😎
So, what makes them so special? 🤔 Mentors in the game have:
1. ☑️ Been through it all, and they're ready to share their wisdom with us startup newbies.
2. 🌟 A specific expertise in the area where we need help the most.
3. 🤗 The patience, empathy, and drive to see us succeed.
The Mentor wears many hats in the game, performing at least three critical roles:
1. *The Guide*: They've been through the startup grind themselves, so they know the pitfalls and shortcuts to success. Their experience in your industry is pure gold, and they willingly share their wisdom to help you overcome your struggles and grow that sweet, sweet business of yours.
2. *The Teacher*: Yes, knowledge is power, and a mentor in the game has a treasure trove of hard-earned lessons to impart. They not only evaluate your ideas but also educate you and your team on the finer points of strategy, managing crises, digital literacy, and even networking.
3. *The Friend*: You can't spell "mentor" without "emo." Oh, wait. What I'm trying to say is that empathy is key to the mentor-founder relationship. They're here to support you emotionally, give pep talks, and help build your network by introducing you to potential partners, investors, and talent.
Ok, let's break it down step-by-step on how to get started:
1. First, you need to breathe in and out. 😉 Feel the power in your hands, as mentees expect some bomb advice from you! 👐
2. Begin by learning the basics of mentoring, chatting with real-life mentors, earning credibility, and embracing that big sister/brother energy! 💪👩🏫
3. Now, it's time to list your superpowers to attract startups in need of your awesomeness. Help these babies win quests and challenges and earn 20% of their prize money as a token of thanks! Muah! 💃💰
4. Wear many hats for the babes you mentor! Guide them in ❤️ developing a business strategy, 🧠 offering unbiased advice, 🚀 finding the right team, ⚡ motivating and training them, 💡 validating/evaluating ideas and 💼 expanding their network.
5. Get your cute geeky office up 'n' running for some #GirlBoss vibes! And don't forget to feed your fluffy cat! 🏢🐈
6. Start searching for the dream teams 🦄 you want to mentor (within 5 startups limit!) in the game and complete your "preparatory quest" to learn the basics of mentoring. Sign an NDA to protect your ideas (and theirs) like a pro. ✍️🤐
7. Dive into quests with your chosen teams! Begin by creating an awesome video pitch, like, Hello World, here we come! 🎥🌍 Help with various quests, create valuable content, and earn 'em sweet money tokens! 🌟💸
8. Being a mentor means growth in all aspects!💎 Learning to strategize is key, as well as providing emotional support 🤗, negotiating like a boss, preventing crisis by being proactive 🚨, teaching and guiding your team with love.💖
9. Level up on your digital literacy game! Master stuff like feedforward, digital marketing techniques, social media algorithms, designing engaging content, storytelling and a whole lot more! 🎓💻📱
10. Keep giving feedforward, cuz girl, life's too short for feedback - let's improve as we go! 👩🔧💬
11. Keep your lifestyle comfy and fab while using your expertise to make a difference and enjoy every moment of the ride! 🌈🛍️
That's it, queen! 🌟 You've got what it takes to rock as a mentor in the startup game! So go ahead, paint the world with your knowledge and help others make their dreams a reality. 🎨🌐 Kudos to you, sis! 💖👯♀️
Tips for Rockin' the Mentor Role
First, let's break down the whole mentor shebang in the game:
Mentor is like the wise older sibling that every startup needs. You'll be:
1. Guiding the startup through their journey, helping them make smart decisions. 🧠💡
2. Sharing your industry experience and expertise. 📘🔧
3. Connecting the startup with the right peeps in the biz. 🤝💼
Your #mentorlife in the game will involve:
1. Helping startups build a kickass business strategy. 📈✍️
2. Making sure they don't screw up with real, unbiased advice. 💯🚫
3. Putting together the dream team for the startup. 🦸♀️🦄
4. Being their BFF through the emotional rollercoaster of startup life. 💕😭
5. Evaluating their ideas like a boss. 🧐🎯
6. Introducing them to peeps who can help them grow even more. 🔄✨
Sounds like something you're up for? Great! Here's some advice to slay as a mentor in the game:
1. Be a people person: You gotta be good with peeps, as you'll be dealing with lots of different personalities. Learn to be patient, empathetic, and approachable. 💖🤗
2. Always. Keep. Learning: Startup world changes all the time. Make sure your advice isn't stale AF. Stay updated and grow together with your mentees. 📚😉
3. Get comfy with teaching: You must be able to translate your grand knowledge into meaningful lessons that peeps actually get. Be prepared for some stubborn little unicorns tho. 💁♀️🦄
4. Keep that empathy game strong: Put yourself in their shoes and show some love. Make sure they trust you enough to learn from you. ❤️👫
Ready to start? Go ahead and:
1. Learn them mentoring basics. 📃✌️
2. Chat with real-life mentors (srsly, it helps). 🗣️👥
3. Earn some street cred—show them you know your stuff. 🎖️🌟
4. Become the best big sis/bro to every startup. 🤜🤛
As a mentor in the game, you'll be able to do all sorts of cool things:
1. Create and sell educational content (ka-ching!). 💰🧾
2. Develop your startup's learning strategy and help them grow. 🌳📈
3. Mentor up to 5 startups and get 20% of their prize money from quests (more ka-ching!). 💸🥂
What mentors do in the game
So, how do we unleash our inner mentor queen in the game? 💁♀️
1. 💯 Find the perfect startup teams and join them (up to 5!).
2. 🎒 Complete the "basics of mentoring" quest + sign that NDA to keep the trust intact.
3. 🏆 Help our teams with their first quest, and let the craziness begin! (Yup, we'll 💸 when they 💸).
4. 📚 Create a learning strategy for our teams & guide them to rock every challenge.
5. 💃 Help teams through quests, create educational content, and hustle like a #LadyBoss.
As a Mentor, you're not here to just sit and watch - you'll be an active participant in your teams' success!
Responsibilities of a Kicka$$ Mentor
1. Biz Strategy Guru:💡Help the startups create an unbeatable business strategy. We're talking about the kind of strategy that makes your competitors go, "Darn, why didn't we think of that?"
2. Unbiased Advice Maestro:🎶 Keep it real with your startup team. They need honest feedback and guidance, even if it means dishing out some tough love. A true mentor keeps it 💯!
3. Team Assembly Captain:👩👩👧👦 Your killer network will come in handy when you connect founders with the best talent out there. Assemble the Avengers of startups!
4. Emotional MVP:🏆 Founders go through a lot, and sometimes, all they need is a heart-to-heart with their mentor. Be that shoulder to cry on, and then wipe their tears and inspire them to get back on track.
5. Idea Validator:✅ Help founders find the perfect product-market fit, secure pilot partnerships, make connections, raise funds, and scale their business. You'll be their guardian angel.
6. Networking Whiz:🌐 Help the founder grow their network and introduce them to potential partners, investors, and A-players. Connections are key!
Before you get started, remember: you need to learn fast and teach even faster. You're gonna be responsible for transforming startup chaos into a thriving team, and that's no easy task.
Put on your mentor game face, get ready to empathize, learn, and teach your mentees. Be the best big sister/brother they ever had!
What mentors learn in the game
As mentor role-players, you learn SO MUCH. Here's a sneak peek:
1. 🎯 Building an effective strategy in our areas of expertise.
2. 🤗 Empathizing and providing emotional backup like pros.
3. 🗣️ Navigating negotiations and problem-solving like a BOSS.
4. ⚖️ Advising on legal matters to avoid crises.
5. 🤓 Teaching, guiding, and steering our teams toward success.
Okay, but like, let's talk about digital literacy too! 🖥️ Playing as a mentor, you learn digital marketing hacks, social media algorithms (finally!), creating engaging content, design thinking, and so much more.
Looks like it's time for you to shine, future mentor! 🌞 Go rock that role, help those startups thrive, and have a heckin' good time in the Fe/male Switch game! Just don't forget to feed your cat. 😺🍽️💖
Apply for the official launch of Fe/male Switch startup game to unlock your hidden traits and explore your startup potential! Don't want to wait and want to start learning now? Join our Startup School to get access to the most practical startup building knowledge!
What roles can you play as?
🎯 Startup Founder (Co-founder): As the fearless entrepreneur, you'll be armed with an innovative idea and passion for changing the world. You'll dive headfirst into the startup world, creating or joining a team, working on your brilliant idea, and winning quests. Read more about this role here.
👥 Startup Team Members: No startup can succeed without an A-team! Team members bring unique skills and perspectives to help bring your startup idea to life. You'll tackle quests, earn tokens, and work together to survive the wild world of startups. Read more about this role here.
🎒 Intern: Interns are the rising stars in the startup universe, usually wanting to learn how the game works before becoming a founder or team member. You'll assist other teams in various tasks and learn valuable skills by doing so. Read more about this role here.
💰 Investor: The power players, providing the much-needed funding for startups. In exchange for a piece of the action, investors help startups level up their game by supporting their growth and giving them access to hidden quests. Investors will be eager to see a solid return on their investments, so it's up to the startups to bring in the big bucks! Read more about this role here.