The marketplace is an important part of the startup game for women, providing users with a platform to buy and sell skills and tutorials, using in-game tokens, which they can earn by completing modules in Skill Lab and quests in the game. In the marketplace, users can browse through the available offerings and choose the skills or services that they are interested in. Pay for the service or product, just like you would in any shop. Alternatively, users can also create their own offerings and sell their skills or services to other users, earning tokens in return.
In addition to skills and tutorials, users can also purchase swag for their avatar and office in the Swag Shop. This can help users to personalize their experience in the game and to make their avatar and office more reflective of their own interests and style.
Each user has their own personal wallet that stores the in-game tokens that a user has earned through their own efforts. These tokens represent the user's personal money, and can be used to purchase skills and services in the marketplace, or to buy swag.
Each business entity (a startup team, a mentor, an investor) also has a company wallet that is used to store the in-game tokens earned in the game and can be used to pay out salaries and other company expenses like rent and taxes. If a company is unable to pay rent, the user who is the founder of that company may choose to transfer some of their personal tokens to the company wallet in order to keep the business afloat. This allows the company to continue operating and earning tokens, while also helping the user to advance in the game.
The personal and company wallets are an important part of the startup game for women, as they help users to manage their in-game tokens and ensure that they have sufficient funds to cover their expenses. By keeping track of their wallet balances, users can make informed decisions about how to use their tokens and ensure that they are able to advance in the game.
All transactions involving in-game tokens are recorded and may be randomly verified by an NPC (non-playable character) representing a tax audit. This helps to ensure that the game is fair and transparent, and that all users are following the rules.
It is important for users to avoid embezzlement and use company money according to the laws in the game, as this helps to maintain the integrity of the game and ensure that all players are treated fairly. If a user is found to be engaging in embezzlement or other fraudulent activity, they may face consequences, such as losing tokens or being removed from the game.
For example, it is generally acceptable for users to transfer in-game tokens from their personal wallet to their company wallet in order to support the growth and development of their business.
Additionally, it is perfectly normal for users to transfer in-game tokens from their company wallet to their personal wallet in order to pay salaries, third party expenses, payment to mentors, taxes, rent, and other business expenses. These types of transactions are considered good because they help to support the operation and growth of the business, and ensure that the company is able to cover its expenses.
It is important for users to follow the rules and laws of the F/MS Village in order to avoid fines and other consequences. If a team is audited and it is found that the users are misusing company money, they may be fined by the tax authorities just like in real life.
For example, if an investor is found to be using money from the investment fund for personal goals, they may be subject to a fine. This helps to ensure that all users are held accountable for their actions and that the game is fair and transparent.
There are many ways for users to earn in-game tokens on the startup game for women platform.
Some of these ways include:
- Helping to build the platform: Users can earn tokens by reporting bugs or suggesting improvements to the platform.
- Helping to promote the platform: Users can earn tokens by making posts about the platform on social media or by sharing it with their friends and colleagues.
- Creating UGC (user-generated content) and selling it in the marketplace: Users can create and sell their own skills and expertise in the marketplace, earning tokens in return.
- Completing modules in Skill Lab and quests in the game: Users can earn tokens by completing educational modules in Skill Lab and by winning quests in the game.
- Participating in events: Users can earn tokens by participating in events and competitions within the game, such as hackathons or pitch competitions.
- Providing feedback and reviews: Users can earn tokens by providing feedback and reviews on the platform or on specific products or services.
- Referring friends: Users can earn tokens by referring their friends to the game and encouraging them to join.
- Providing support and assistance to other users: Users can earn tokens by providing support and assistance to other users, such as by answering questions or offering advice.